At Cahaba Valley Animal Clinic, we are committed to the safety and well being of not just pets but people as well. In response to the rampant COVID-19 Virus, we are implementing new, but temporary, policies for the safety of our staff, patients, and clients. Please be advised of the following:
CVAC will temporarily reduce hours of operation (until further notice)
- Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Sunday: CLOSED (except for 4:00pm – 5:00pm for any boarding pick up)
CVAC will now begin performing car-side services. How this works:
- Please ensure your canine companion is leashed and your feline companion is in a safe and sturdy kennel/carrier.
- Please park your vehicle and call our front office (205.980.0078) to inform us that you have arrived to your appointment.
- A veterinary technician will then speak to you about your appointment and collect your companion from your vehicle to be escorted inside for care.
- We ask that you remain in your vehicle throughout the duration of your appointment.
- Once the exam and services are completed, a veterinarian will contact you via phone and discuss any details necessary.
- Once the veterinarian has communicated with you, you will then be placed on a brief hold to speak with our receptionist to collect payment and schedule your future appointment.
- Once all services and transactions are completed, a veterinary technician will return your companion to you.
- Please note that our temporary Car-Side Services policy will apply for any prescription and/or food purchases.
- We will be postponing all elective procedures to help conserve our PPE until further notice.
- We are limiting the amount of clients in our lobby to 2 at one time
- We are limiting the number of people allowed to accompany a companion inside – 1 person per pet
- We kindly ask that you provide payment via card versus cash or check to help reduce potential exposure
- We kindly ask that you utilize our online pharmacy for prescriptions and/or food purchases
- Our grooming services will remain in operation until further notice – Please call our office for further information
- Our boarding services will remain in operation until further notice – Please call our office for further information
Please note that these policies are temporary and can change. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we all combat this unprecedented situation.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.